Integrative Holistic Digestive Disorders Support
Common Digestive Conditions
- Celiac Disease/Gluten Sensitivity
- Crohn’s Disease
- Food Allergies
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
What is the role of the digestive system?
- Digestion is important for breaking down food and beverages into nutrients, which the body uses for energy, growth, and cell repair.
- Digestion works by moving food through the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
- Digestion begins in the mouth with chewing and ends in the small intestine.
- As food passes through the GI tract, it mixes with digestive juices, causing large molecules of food to break down into smaller molecules. The body then absorbs these smaller molecules through the walls of the small intestine into the bloodstream, which delivers them to the rest of the body.
- Waste products of digestion pass through the large intestine and out of the body as a solid matter called stool.
- Digestive juices contain enzymes that break food down into different nutrients.
Why is it important to maintain a healthy digestive system?
- Strengthen immune system
- Improve absorption of nutrients from food and beverages
- Improve elimination of waste products
Improving digestive function can improve:
- Intestinal Permeabiltiy
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Regularity
How ACPM can help with Digestive Disorders?Here at American Clinics for Preventive Medicine we recognize that disease is created through multiple lifestyle and environmental factors that over time create an imbalance within the body that inhibits its ability to self-repair. When the body’s self-repair mechanism slows down or stops working, that is the beginning of disease formation within the body. We are a clinic that strongly supports lifestyle changes as an integral part of our treatment plan with an emphasis on plant-based nutrition to actively support other forms of therapies we provide.
Comprehensive Program Includes:
- Proven Alternative/Complementary Disease Reversal Treatments
- Customized Treatment Plan
- Intravenous Therapies
- Cleansing & Detoxification
- Nutritional Counseling
- Lifestyle Coaching
- Exercise Plan
- Nutritional & Herbal Supplements
- Educational Resources
CLEANSING & DETOXIFICATION: This involves supporting the body’s ability to eliminate toxic waste from the body in conjunction with a modified diet and/or fast to reduce exposure of nutritional insults while the body focuses on cleansing.
NUTRITIONAL CONSULTATIONS: Proving the body with optimal plant-based nutrition is the single most important factor in disease prevention and reversal. Eating foods rich in vitamins and minerals will supply the body with the necessary resources to support the built-in self-repair mechanism. We will work closely with you to customize a nutritional plan specific to your needs and support you in the process of healthy modifications.
LIFESTYLE COACHING: Maintaining the recommended modifications to reverse your disease process will require additional encouragement, empowerment, and support as you focus your mind, body, and spirit towards healing.
EXERCISE: Active movement of the body keeps it conditioned to move fluidly through life. Engaging in aerobic activity to stimulate the heart improves not only your muscular and cardiovascular system, it also burns calories, and enhances your mood. Exercise is another key component to supporting your overall health and vitality.
STRESS REDUCTION MANAGEMENT: When the body is highly stress it release hormones like adrenaline and norepinephrine that puts the body in a mode of survival instead of self-repair. Minimizing the body’s response to stress by inducing self-relaxation techniques that will aid in the healing process.
NUTRITIONAL & HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS: Evidence-based medicinal quality supplements are used to eliminate deficiencies and provide cellular level support to bring the body back in balance. Supplement combinations are individualized according to patient’s needs and conditions.
EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES: Knowledge is power and providing you with supplemental reading materials, audio, and video health education will enrich your understanding how your disease and more importantly how to heal from it.